directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Directory startup : what needs to be done...
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 07:27:49 GMT
Andrea Gariboldi wrote:
> The way it works with oracle (dsorapart) actually is : the SchemaPartition
> is an OraclePartition that stores the schema data into the database. So
> actually to handle this the first time, i have to do is:
>
> 1. extract the files into some directory
> 2. create the JdbmPartition from those files
> 3. copy the JdbmPartition into the OraclePartition
> 4. never use the extracted files again... (i check if i have already loaded
> schema data into the database)

Thanks Andrea.

I think you can save the JDBM step, as once the schema is extracted on
disk, using a LdifPartition to read it will allow you to avoid the JDBM
creation (all the index are created in memory, the search is done in
memory).

Let me code that and send it back to the ML.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com