directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Bootstrapping phases well defined
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 23:19:16 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> <please-leave-this-link-on-responses>
>    http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/apacheds-bootstrapping.html
> </please-leave-this-link-on-responses>
>
> Hi all,
>
> To clarify the bootstrapping process that we're envisoning for ApacheDS,
> I've written up the following page in the wiki [0].  Use the link above
> instead since it's not going to hit confluence and shows the fast exported
> page.  Take a look an provide your feedback here.  We can later adapt this
> page to include your comments and recommendations.  So let's kick this off
> with some thoughts?

A few thoughts :

1) why do we need to have /schema/schema/... hierarchy, instead of
having one single /schema  ?

2) I don't get the chicken and egg problem you describe and why we need
a special wrapped partition
to read the four initial schema : they are just read and injected into
the registries, without
any check, that's pretty much it. I do'nt see how it's different from
any other schema loading,
to me all the schemas are loaded in one unique phase. probably some
semantic sugar at this point ...

3) Not sure I get the point about the LDAP Nirvana yet. The wiring part
is a bit obscure.

Some schema can help, I will try to add them tomorrow.

Thanks for the page !
> ---
> [0] --
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/ApacheDS+Bootstrapping