On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:54 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
Alex Karasulu wrote:
I'm running into several bugs and workaround because a byName hash was never
implemented in the new SchemaObject.  I guess this functionality had to be
taken out of the OidRegistry and placed into specific type registries to
avoid name collisions.  However I thought there would be a byName hash.

Any reason why this was explicitly not created ?

We don't need it. The byOid( String ) method (implemented in SchemaRegistries) retrieves the OID when a name or an oid is provided. You can do :

String oid = attributeTypeRegistry.byOid( "ou" );

or

String oid = attributeTypeRegistry.byOid( "2.5.4.11" );

That should be enough for our need.

In theory yes but it did not work properly.  I debugged a bit then just simplified the situation by creating the byName hash and everything worked just fine.  So I did not ask any more questions.  Too tired at this point to figure out why it did not work.  I'm sure the problems may creep back up to figure out why.  And that might catch other bugs.

Personally having one method to use is best I agree.  Why have more surface area to the API.  It's more exposure.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org