There was a reason why I had interfaces and it starts to show when we have one implementation which wraps another.  Containment is not as clean as it can be.  For example a CachingNormalizer extends Normalizer extends SchemaObject, and CachingNormalizer delegates using containment to another Normalizer.

SchemaObjects have an OID.  And so there are now two variables for storing OID: one in the contained object and one in the container.  These kinds of harmless annoyances creep up if you design exclusively with classes.

I'm starting to get leery of people trying to refactor a certain way just because it gets rid of Java source files.  Interfaces are harmless and always the best way to go especially when you don't know what you are doing.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org