On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

- deleteTree( DN ) will handle the LDAP protocol, nothing more (no control, nothing, no recursive deletion )
I think you mean - *recursive deletion*

sorry, I meant :
delete(DN)
not
deleteTree(DN)

so (no control, nothing, no recursive deletion )
hmm, quoting the original text again

<quote>

- delete( DN ) will handle the LDAP protocol, nothing more (no control, nothing, no recursive deletion )

Plus regarding the recursive deletion :

- deleteTree( DN ) will handle the LDAP protocol, nothing more (no control, nothing, *no* recursive deletion )

</quote>

the method deleteTree( DN ) requires recursive deletion, no? or you mean that
we don't implement recursive deletion but we add the 'treeDelete control' (1.2.840.113556.1.4.805) *if* the server supports this control?

have made these changes a while back, haven't committed yet.
Ok ! I will be happy to see those commits in 5 days, when I will be back on line :)

have committed the code. Note that the current implementation of deleteTree() uses
'treeDelete control' *if* the server supports and if not uses *recursive deletition*
Let me know if the second approach is not intended in the core API.

thanks Emmanuel

Kiran Ayyagari