directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [Shared] [Schema Branch] Shared is compiling and all tests are passing
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 01:31:44 GMT
So what's the big deal this used to work before???  Well now we have the
LDAP schema project that contains all the LDAP schema information in an LDIF
repository that can be used by a client to cache/preload schema or by the
Apache Directory Server for the schema partition.

The schema repository is self extracting/copying if jar/exploded. So the
extractor bundled in the shared-ldap-schema-[version].jar will deposit the
LDIF files bundled in it's jar in the right place making sure each resource
is unique or flagging an error.  This extractor unlike what we had for the
old db file based schema partition does not have that DBFILES issue that bit
us in the ass all the time.

So with this we also have a ldap-schema-loader module in shared that loads
this schema data from the LDIF repository into a Registries object
containing all the schema information as objects and ready to be used for
schema checks, normalization, and comparison etc.

So we're ready now in this branch to clean up the server.

Cheers,
Alex

--
Alex Karasulu