directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [OT] [Testing] JUnit++ for various testing needs at directory
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 00:22:30 GMT
This thing is slick.  I think we can use it do simplify how we test ApacheDS
for conformance and performance as well as subsystems, components and
classes.  Definitely something worth checking out.

    http://www.ddj.com/184404480

I'm particularly enamored by the ability to have test data repositories and
command line arguments as well as test iteration figures for stress testing.

Also this is used by iPojo's OSGi component testing framework which is the
only one I've seen to date besides the Spring stuff and that just is not
something I want to touch.

Anyways this is pretty cool and so I thought I'd push it out there.

BTW for a conformance testing suite this is most excellent.  You can point
it to an external server, or ApacheDS embedded so your tests can be applied
to any server.  Likewise for performance testing.  I think this is the
answer to many of our testing needs.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org