directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Reverting back to Apache parent pom version 4
Date Sun, 16 Aug 2009 23:23:10 GMT
Hi all,

For our project pom. I am reverting back to using the ASF wide version 4
pom.  Version 5 removed the old repositories where ssh access to people .
apache.org was used to deploy releases.  This supposedly is outdated
although still active.

A new repository using this Nexus server is running on repository.apache.org.
Instead of using ssh to upload releases this server uses webdav and has some
kind of feature for publishing and releasing deployments with staging.  To
use this we'll have to vote on it and then ask the maven folks to give us
access to this Nexus server.  That will take time though so for this release
I'll use the old way of ssh pushing the release to people.apache.org.

For more reading on this matter consult the following JIRA issue and
documentation:

----
[0] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896
[1] - http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html