directory-dev mailing list archives

From Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@zimbra.com>
Subject Re: [Client-API] Should the unbind() operation close the connection ?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 18:05:00 GMT
AFAIK, it is perfectly valid to unbind and then rebind as a new user,
without ever closing the connection, and without ever involving connection
pooling.  This is why various LDAP api's, such as Net::LDAP, allow for the
unbind operation as something separate than the close operation.

--Quanah

--On August 5, 2009 1:53:42 PM -0400 Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@gmail.com>

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount