directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio] Adding extensibility to Entry Editor
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:00:49 GMT
Hi all,
We've had an interesting discussing on IRC with Stefan S. about adding
extensibility to the Entry Editor.

We'd like to introduce a new mechanism to allow the addition of new editors.
This will allow us to have for example a single-window editor and a
multi-window editor for entries.

To do so, we'll introduce a new custom extension point with the following
properties:

   - the class name of the editor
   - a name
   - if it is single-window or multi-window
   - a priority
   - an image
   - a description

The class of the editor should implement our Editor's interface which
defines only one method:

   - boolean canHandle(IEntry entry) /** This method indicates if the editor
   can handle the given entry. */

This feature should be part of the 1.5 release of Studio

Regards
Pierre-Arnaud