directory-dev mailing list archives

From satish gutta <sat.gu...@gmail.com>
Subject Extending OperationalAttributeInterceptor
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:25:35 GMT
Hi

I had opened this  ticket

and was suggested to communicate through mailing list.

Stefan Seelmann added a comment - 06/Aug/09 08:09 AM
Just for the record: Instead of using '+' (this would request all
operational attributes) it is also possibe to reqeust the required attribute
by their names (e.g. createTimestamp, modifyTimestamp, etc.). IMO the client
must be fixed. All other LDAP server have the same behaviour and don't
return operational attributes unless requested.

Anyway, you could try to modify lookup(), list() and search() methods and
add your needed operational attributes to the opContext.
[ Show ยป ]
Stefan Seelmann added a comment - 06/Aug/09 08:09 AM Just for the record:
Instead of using '+' (this would request all operational attributes) it is
also possibe to reqeust the required attribute by their names (e.g.
createTimestamp, modifyTimestamp, etc.). IMO the client must be fixed. All
other LDAP server have the same behaviour and don't return operational
attributes unless requested. Anyway, you could try to modify lookup(),
list() and search() methods and add your needed operational attributes to
the opContext.

Stefan Seelmann says :

" it is also possibe to reqeust the required attribute by their names (e.g.
createTimestamp, modifyTimestamp, etc.). "

I am requesting operational attribute by their name and is returning null,

The idea of using '+'  is not possible in my client code since the client
code is IBM Puma code which cannot be changed by me.

please let me know if there is any way I can resolve this issue?

--
Thanks&Regards
Satish.Gutta