directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: [Shared] [Schema API] SchemaObject byOid and byName lookup issues
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2009 21:54:46 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I'm running into several bugs and workaround because a byName hash was never
> implemented in the new SchemaObject.  I guess this functionality had to be
> taken out of the OidRegistry and placed into specific type registries to
> avoid name collisions.  However I thought there would be a byName hash.
> Any reason why this was explicitly not created ?
We don't need it. The byOid( String ) method (implemented in
SchemaRegistries) retrieves the OID when a name or an oid is provided.
You can do :

String oid = attributeTypeRegistry.byOid( "ou" );

String oid = attributeTypeRegistry.byOid( "" );

That should be enough for our need.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message