directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Errors and exceptions after upgrading to 1.5.5
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:50:47 GMT
Marian Schedenig (qs) wrote:
> Hi!
> I've upgraded from ApacheDS 1.5.4 to 1.5.5. Everything seems fine from a
> client's POV, but I get errors and exceptions on the server side.
> During startup, I get the following line in my log during
> DefaultDirectoryService#startup():
> 17:33:16 [ERROR]
> - attributeType w/ OID not registered!
> Since I don't know what OID is, why I should need it or why, if I
> need it, it's not registered (I never got this with 1.5.4), I don't know if
> I should be worried or just ignore it.

The OID is the PostalAddress' OID. It's declared in
core.schema, so you don't have to worry about this error.

To be clear, this is a wrong log level, we have to fix this.

> Also, and this definitely worries me, I get the following everytime a client
> disconnects (i.e. constantly):

This is an issue we discovered recentlu, adn a JIRA has been created :

We are investigating it.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message