directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.5.5. - LdapService gone?
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:44:54 GMT

Hi Marian,

> I've written a simple wrapper to run a directory server as a web application
> in Tomcat (based on the guide). Worked fine in 1.5.4, but it looks like some
> dependencies have changed in 1.5.5. In my Maven project, I had to remove the
> dependencies to apacheds-core-cursor and mina-filter-ssl. Now the following
> classes cannot be found anymore:
>
> import org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapService;

this class has been renamed to org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapServer

> import org.apache.directory.server.protocol.shared.SocketAcceptor;
this class has been removed and in its place various XXXTransport classes are introduced
ex. TcpTransport, UdpTransport

with these changes the code to start ADS now look like this

             ldapServer = new LdapServer();
             ldapServer.setTransports( new TcpTransport( 1024 ) );
             ldapServer.setDirectoryService( dirService );

> PS: The user guide still refers to these classes for creating a web
> application wrapper.
sorry for the inconvenience, but all the doc section needs to be reviewed and we are planning
do this asap

HTH
Kiran Ayyagari