directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [Schema refactoring] Should we rename XXXDescription to xxxSpecification ?
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:32:27 GMT
Hi,

we have two classes of object for each SchemaObject :
 - AttributeType and AttributeTypeDescription
- Normalizer and NormalizerDescription

The second class is used to hold the OpenLDAP/RFC description for the
manipulated SchemaObject. For the AttributeType, the description looks
like :

( 2.5.4.9 NAME ( 'street' 'streetAddress' )
    DESC 'RFC2256: street address of this object'
    EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
    SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
    SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15{128} )

but for the AttributeType, the description field contains the DESC value :
  'RFC2256: street address of this object'

I suggest that the second class is  renamed AttributeTypeSpecification.

Thoughts ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com