directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject A new bracnh to work on the schema
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:31:56 GMT
Hi guys,

just to inform you that I have created a new branch where I will do a
lot of refactoring on the Schema subsystem.

This is a direct implication of the bugs we have found last weeks and
two weeks ago on the schema (modify operation), which drove me to some
small, then big, and now huge, modifications on the whole schema system.

Basically, a lot of things will change. I will try to keep the dev team
informed so that it will not be a big surprise when 20% of all the code
will be changed :)

 From now on, I'm working on refactoring the base classes for the schema
objects :
AttributeType
Comparator
DitContentRule
DitStructureRule
LdapSyntax
MatchingRule
MathcingRuleUse
ObjectClass
NameForm
Normalizer
SyntaxChecker

They will all inherit from the SchemaObject base class.

More to come !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com