directory-dev mailing list archives

From ayyagarikiran <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Cruel dilemma with Editor Open Mode in Studio
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:16:09 GMT

Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:

> So, we're facing a cruel dilemma where we greatly want to use this
> preference setting because it offers to the user a lot more control and
> it's very handy to be able to define a preferred open mode, but, on the
> other hand, between versions (1.4 to 1.5), consistency is not
> maintained. Version 1.4 by default opens an entry editor on a single
> click event (or single move with the arrow keys) while version 1.5 would
> by default open an entry editor on a double click event.

I like to have the double-click mode as default (remembering how many times entry editor got
opened when I accidentally
selected an entry in the DIT)

coming to the consistency, I would prefer to leave the existing behavior as default if that
is possible (may be based on
other users' choice too)

thanks for including this feature and other EntryEditor stuff( that I didn't understand completely
;) )

Kiran Ayyagari