directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ADS 1.5.5 report # 2
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:12:40 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:
> +1 for a release.
>
> The documentation is currently very inconsistent, especially w.r.t.
> configuration, several times it states ("in the upcoming release").
>
> Cleaning it up requires an official release as a stable base, in my
> opinion.

Ok. I will launch a vote then.

Thanks guys !

Btw, Stefan, I was wondering if defining our own "ldap certification"
would worth the effort. The idea is to define tests for a better
coverage of LDAP operations, using some tool to define, in order to run
them against ADS, and potentially any LDAP server. Or maybe we can
extend VSLDAP test suite.

Here, I think you will have a better idea than myself about the load it
will be. In fact, I'm a bit fed up of writing unit tests when we can run
a complete set of common tests, and also because usually, when I define
a unit tests, I'm noyt always 100% sure what should be the behavior of a
correct LDAP server, and it leads to some inconsistency (see the Modify
operation problems we are dealing with).

wdyt ?

> [...]
>> "no values" query
>> Bug M    DIRSERVER-1390     Attribute caching issues - warning and
>> error messages thrown on startup
>> Bug C    DIRSERVER-1393     Modification with multiple items are not
>> considered as atomic operation
>> Bug M    DIRSERVER-1394     Modifying subschema subentry doesn't work
>> in some case
>>
>> Impr m    DIRSERVER-289     Configure an optional password message
>> digest algorithm which is applied on userPassword attribute values at
>> add and modify operations.
>> Impr M    DIRSERVER-874     Entries should be normalized in the
>> NormalizationService
>> Impr M    DIRSERVER-997     Block search ability for userPassword
>> attribute
>> Impr M    DIRSERVER-1210     Make the core-plugin (schema) generating
>> mojo produce schema constants file
>> Impr M    DIRSERVER-1248     rc.d init script to default to "default"
>> instance
>> Impr M    DIRSERVER-1271     Inject the modified entry into the
>> OpContext
>> Impr M    DIRSERVER-1282     Unit testing documentation is out of date
>> Impr m    DIRSERVER-1288     put apacheds-server-unit-1.5.4.jar
>> dependencies into Manifest
>> Impr M    DIRSERVER-1299     Add causes when rethrowing caught
>> exceptions (e.g. in
>> org.apache.directory.server.integ.state.NonExistentState)
>> Impr M    DIRSERVER-1307     Inject LDIF files at the right level when
>> running tests
>> Impr T    DIRSERVER-1346     Use ServiceLifecycleListener to avoid
>> having System.out messages for service start/stop events.
>>
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-434     Add Support for Paged Search Results Control
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-887     provide remote access info (memnonic name
>> and ip) to complement audit trail info
>> NewF m    DIRSERVER-949     Add support for LDAP URLs in context
>> searches
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-992     Define new schema objects for Stored
>> Procedure handling
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-1030     Add CascadeControl and add functionality
>> to cascade modify and delete effects
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-1186     Trace control and request level logging
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-1203     RFC2307bis Support is missing
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-1217     Binds with referrals can be used for
>> delegated authentication
>> NewF m    DIRSERVER-1246     Add shell scripts and batch files for
>> clients
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-1259     Make the userPassword not searchable from
>> the outside
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-1261     Add some CL tools to rebuild indices
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-1262     Add a Jetty container
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-1263     Add authz schema
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-1264     Add extended operations to reverting
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-1265     Add support for VLV control
>> NewF M    DIRSERVER-1291     Support of Proxied Authorization Control

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org