directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extending OperationalAttributeInterceptor
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:18:03 GMT
SGutta@osc.state.ny.us wrote:
> " *it is also possibe to reqeust the required attribute by their names
> (e.g. createTimestamp, modifyTimestamp, etc.). *"
>
> I am requesting operational attribute by their name and is returning null,

Can you test using ldapsearch command line, something like this:

ldapsearch -h localhost -p 10389 -D "cn=test,ou=users,ou=system" -w
secret -x -b "ou=users,ou=system" createTimestamp

Please also note that if you create an antry, only the createTimestamp
exists. The modifyTimestamp only exists if the entry was modified after
creation.

Kind Regards,
Stefan