directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Emmanuel Lecharny (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (DIRSERVER-888) Add a verification before deleting an Object Class in the schema
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2009 08:43:15 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-888?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Emmanuel Lecharny updated DIRSERVER-888:
----------------------------------------

    Fix Version/s:     (was: 1.5.8)
                   2.0.0-RC1

Moved to 2.0.0-RC1, we won't release a 1.5.8

> Add a verification before deleting an Object Class in the schema
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DIRSERVER-888
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-888
>             Project: Directory ApacheDS
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>    Affects Versions: 1.5.0
>            Reporter: Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
>            Assignee: Alex Karasulu
>             Fix For: 2.0.0-RC1
>
>
> While I was playing a little with the new dynamic schema in ADS 1.5, I found an interesting
situation.
> Here's the scenario:
> I created a new AT called 'MyAT' and a new OC called 'MyOC' which has 'MyAT' in its May
list.
> After a refresh of the Connection in LDAP Studio, I was able to create a new entry using
'MyOC' as OC. This entry was 'MyAT=test, dc=example, dc=com'.
> Then I was wondering how would react the server if I delete 'MyAT' from the schema.
> I got a warning telling me that an entity was depending on it (it was 'MyOC' of course).
> Very Great! :)
> Then I tried to delete 'MyOC'... and then... no warning...
> I could delete it successfully.
> After that, I was also able to delete 'MyAT', since there was no more dependency on it.
> That left my server with a pretty strange situation : having an entry depending on OC
and AT that doesn't exists anymore in the schema...
> While trying to load children of 'dc=example, dc=com', I got an error : "Error while
reading entry
>   [LDAP: error code 33 - failed on search operation: OID for name 'myoc' was not found
within the OID registry]"
> I think it would be a good idea, before deleting an OC in the schema, to verify if there's
not one (or more) entry depending on that OC.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message