directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Marian Schedenig (qs)" <Marian.Schede...@qualysoft.com>
Subject Errors and exceptions after upgrading to 1.5.5
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:42:49 GMT

Hi!

I've upgraded from ApacheDS 1.5.4 to 1.5.5. Everything seems fine from a
client's POV, but I get errors and exceptions on the server side.

During startup, I get the following line in my log during
DefaultDirectoryService#startup():
17:33:16 [ERROR]
org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry:192
- attributeType w/ OID 2.5.4.16 not registered!

Since I don't know what OID 2.5.4.16 is, why I should need it or why, if I
need it, it's not registered (I never got this with 1.5.4), I don't know if
I should be worried or just ignore it.

Also, and this definitely worries me, I get the following everytime a client
disconnects (i.e. constantly):

17:35:42 [WARN] org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapProtocolHandler:215 -
Unexpected exception forcing session to close: sending disconnect notice to
client.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.LdapRequestHandler.handleMessage(LdapRequestHandler.java:129)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.LdapRequestHandler.handleMessage(LdapRequestHandler.java:56)
	at
org.apache.mina.handler.demux.DemuxingIoHandler.messageReceived(DemuxingIoHandler.java:232)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapProtocolHandler.messageReceived(LdapProtocolHandler.java:194)
	at
org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:721)
	at
org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:433)
	at
org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.access$1200(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:47)
	at
org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:801)
	at
org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.IoFilterEvent.fire(IoFilterEvent.java:71)
	at org.apache.mina.core.session.IoEvent.run(IoEvent.java:63)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.executor.UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor.java:480)
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.executor.UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor.java:434)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
17:35:42 [WARN] org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapProtocolHandler:108 -
Null LdapSession given to cleanUpSession.

If nothing else, at the rate I'm getting this it should at least cause a
noticeable performance impact. I've been getting the "Null LdapSession given
to cleanUpSession" message in 1.5.4 already (my main reason for upgrading to
1.5.5 as soon as I noticed it's out, in fact), but the exception is new.

Any pointers?
Thx,
Marian.