Hi Jeff,

Indeed, you're right. It's defined in the XSD as a String...
============================
<!-- ***** Request ID ***** -->
<xsd:simpleType name="RequestID">
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string"/>
</xsd:simpleType>

I think, at the time, I wanted to stick with the messageID policy of the LDAP Protocol specs (RFC 4511 - ) which defines it as an integer.
MessageID ::= INTEGER (0 ..  maxInt)

maxInt INTEGER ::= 2147483647 -- (2^^31 - 1) --

My bad. Sorry about that.
I think it can be easily changed though.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud