directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: DSML parser and RequestID syntax
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 09:20:43 GMT
Hi Jeff,
Indeed, you're right. It's defined in the XSD as a String...
============================
<!-- ***** Request ID ***** -->
<xsd:simpleType name="RequestID">
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string"/>
</xsd:simpleType>
============================

I think, at the time, I wanted to stick with the messageID policy of the
LDAP Protocol specs (RFC 4511 - ) which defines it as an integer.
MessageID ::= INTEGER (0 ..  maxInt)

maxInt INTEGER ::= 2147483647 -- (2^^31 - 1) --

My bad. Sorry about that.
I think it can be easily changed though.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud