directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: Client API : Delete request
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:55:29 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>> Hmmm if I want to delete a tree of entries then I will have no choice
>> but to
>> wrap my LdapDN in a DeleteRequest which I must now create, just to add
>> the
>> control to delete the subtree.
> Yes, true. IMO, your proposal (deleteTree) is probably better.

I think the main API shouldn't be overloaded with too much convenience
methods and should be close to the LDAP protocol. I also think the main
API should not implement such algorithms (if server supports
TreeDeleteControl use it, else search/delete recursively).

What about putting these helpful convenience methods to a Helper class?
  DeleteHelper.deleteTree( LdapConnection, LdapDN )
  DeleteHelper.deleteChildren( LdapConnection, LdapDN)

My 2 cents,

View raw message