directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Client API : Delete request
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 23:27:18 GMT
Hi guys,

following one thread started more than a month ago, I would like to get
your opinion about the DeleteRequest implementation.

We currently have the following methods (Thanks to Kiran who implemented
them) :

delete( LdapDN )
delete( LdapDN, boolean deleteChildren )
delete( LdapDN, DeleteListener )
delete( LdapDN, boolean deleteChildren, DeleteListener )
delete( DeleteRequest );
delete( DeleteRequest, DeleteListener );

If we exclude the last parameter, used only for asynchronous requests,
we have some other options :

- delete( String ) // instead of a LdapDN
- the boolean (deleteChildren) is associated with a control, we can pass
it to the DeleteRequest Object.

is the following list of methods enough then ? :
delete( String [, DeleteListener] )
delete( LdapDN [, DeleteListener] )
delete( DeleteRequest [, DeleteListener] )

Wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com