On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:41 AM, ayyagarikiran <ayyagarikiran@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello guys,

     I would like to start the work on integrating jetty in ADS (DIRSERVER-1262).

     As Emmanuel mentioned in the comments, the main purpose is

     "it's about adding Jetty into ADS to accept Http request without having to depend on another web server.
      This is quite interesting if you want to expose some administrative information using some kind of web app,
      or even better, implement a DSML gateway inside the server."

     IMO it is better to keep this feature as detachable as possible from the ADS.(jetty will be started only if the
     required dependencies are present during startup and required config is set)

     Another question, is jetty the only option to embed? as Emmanuel pointed out on IRC, can we use tomcat or asyncweb
     instead (or support all three!)

     Will there be a usecase where a user embedding ADS also requires to embed jetty?
I am starting works on the DSML gateway. I discussed with Emmanuel, and one of the preliminary task was to embed Jetty. Given the growing popularity of Jetty and its move to the Eclipse foundation, I think this seems reasonable to target Jetty.
Please let me know if you work on this issue so that I can reuse your work.

Regards
Jeff

     thoughts?

     P.S :- will post initial configuration thoughts in another mail

Kiran Ayyagari

--
La mélancolie c’est communiste
Tout le monde y a droit de temps en temps

Miossec (2006)

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
http://www.lastfm.fr/listen/user/jeffmaury/personal