directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r782968 [1/7] - in /directory/sandbox/slp: ./ src/main/java/org/apache/directory/slp/ src/main/java/org/apache/directory/slp/codec/ src/main/java/org/apache/directory/slp/extensions/ src/main/java/org/apache/directory/slp/impl/ src/ma
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 12:20:13 GMT
Hi Jan,

ok, here we have an issue...

First, apologize for being a bit formal, but this is the way The ASF works.

You just committed a bunch of code produced by two person (namely you
and Lorenz), one of them not being a committer (Lorenz). This is
obviously something we can't accept, as Lorenz is not a committer, for
legal reasons : as a committer, you transfer the ownership of your
code to The ASF. If you are not a committer, then the code is assumed
to be owned by the one who wrote the code. Sadly, we don't accept
proxies, so you can't endorse the code he wrote.

That being said, how can we fix that ? There are two things we can do :
- first, ask Lorenz if he agreed to transfer the code ownership to The
ASF (which is easy : he just have to create a JIRA with the patch, and
grant license to ASF for inclusion in ASF works (as per the Apache
License §5)
- second option, we can vote Lorenz as a committer,

Assuming that the previous point has been fixed, it would be we better
to know which part has been written by Jan and which part has been
written by Lorenz (not that it's important, but at least for a correct
attribution).

Thanks !

--
Regards,