directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Some more cleanup ...
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 11:38:34 GMT
Hi gang,

we have had an interesting discussion with Ersin lately, about how to
use core-JNDI inside the SP interceptor. Let me explain what is the
problem :

SP allow a user to define some function which has access to the data the
server is storing. That's fine, but in order to guarantee the ease of
use, we decided to expose those objects through JNDI (no need to learn
about a new API, even if it's a better one ;).

Back in 1.5.4 (or was it 1.5.3?) we decided to move out of core the JNDI
operations, and we created a module named core-jndi : superbe move, so far.

Now, the problem is that we can't use this core-jndi into the SP
interceptor, simply because core-jndi depends on core, so we can't make
the SP interceptor depends on core-jndi, it would create a circular
dependency.

The solution is pretty simple, though : the SP interceptor has nothing
to do into core, we should create a new module for it (interceptor-sp).

At this point, we can also extend the idea to all the interceptors :
make them modules, depending on core.

Thoughts ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny