directory-dev mailing list archives

From Eirik Bjørsnøs <eir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: State of Kerberos in 1.5.4
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:11:27 GMT
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
> This is a moving target :)
>
> We voted for a release one month ago, but since, many critical bugs
> appeared, so we postponed the release.
>
> Most of those bugs are now fixed, so we may release soon.

Thanks Emmanuel,

I'm happy to announce that thanks to Apache Directory Server my
Kerberos authentication library[1] now has 100% unit test line
coverage.

Mocking can take you a long way, but being able to write full cycle
integration tests with actual kerberos tickets was great!

Very much looking forward to 1.5.5 as that's currently blocking the
release of my library. After blogging about it last August [2], I'm
still getting email from people begging me to release it :-)

Thanks,
Eirik.

[1] http://simplericity.org/svn/simplericity/trunk/serberuhs/
[2] http://simplericity.com/2008/07/24/1216920300000.html