directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff MAURY <jeffma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] integrating jetty
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 08:30:55 GMT
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:41 AM, ayyagarikiran <ayyagarikiran@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
>      I would like to start the work on integrating jetty in ADS
> (DIRSERVER-1262).
>
>      As Emmanuel mentioned in the comments, the main purpose is
>
>      "it's about adding Jetty into ADS to accept Http request without
> having to depend on another web server.
>       This is quite interesting if you want to expose some administrative
> information using some kind of web app,
>       or even better, implement a DSML gateway inside the server."
>
>      IMO it is better to keep this feature as detachable as possible from
> the ADS.(jetty will be started only if the
>      required dependencies are present during startup and required config
> is set)
>
>      Another question, is jetty the only option to embed? as Emmanuel
> pointed out on IRC, can we use tomcat or asyncweb
>      instead (or support all three!)
>
>      Will there be a usecase where a user embedding ADS also requires to
> embed jetty?

I am starting works on the DSML gateway. I discussed with Emmanuel, and one
of the preliminary task was to embed Jetty. Given the growing popularity of
Jetty and its move to the Eclipse foundation, I think this seems reasonable
to target Jetty.
Please let me know if you work on this issue so that I can reuse your work.

Regards
Jeff

--
La mélancolie c’est communiste
Tout le monde y a droit de temps en temps

Miossec (2006)

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
http://www.lastfm.fr/listen/user/jeffmaury/personal