On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 5:29 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
Hi,

while applying Kiran's patch for new system index, I found that we
should fix some inconsistency. We have what we name 'Existance' index,
which is the 'Presence' index.

First, we should get rid of the 'existance' name, and replace it by
'existence'.

Second, we should keep only one of the 'existence' or 'presence'. Unless
I'm totally wrong, they are just the same. The question is which one
should we keep ? I would prefer keeping 'existence' rather than
presence, because it's more explicit.

Thoughts ?

"Presence" has established history in the protocol specs...

As I replied to this mail in my response to your mail about the EntryCSN (I'm a bit confused ...) :
- let's remove the exist[ae]nce and replace it by 'presence' (and not presance ;)
- let's keep using a BTree for all those guys (UUID and entryCSN). We will have to find time to experiment how many micro-seconds we may spare by using a HTree on UUID later ;)

None of this context makes sense to me here Emm.

Alex

--
cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny