directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with entryCSN attribute and schema...
Date Sun, 31 May 2009 18:14:02 GMT

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> We have options though :
> - defining a special sid for such entries, 0xFFF for instance. It's very
> unlikely that we will see any day such a number used for CSN.
As the CSN is mostly used for replication only, for 1.5.5 I would say +1 for this

> - get rid of this pre-built partition. We load the schema dynamically on
> server startup, and inject CSN at startup
+1, I think this will ease the schema injection and eliminates the need for creating
a custom schema partition, which was a recurring question on user's ML
A question here, how do we detect the schema changes?
I think that a full scan of cn=schema partition is necessary at every time server stars.

> - modify the entryCSN for those entries at startup, to inject the
> current SID
IMHO this effort will be a waste when we implement (2).

> At least, these are the options I'm considering right now. I don't think
> we have time to implement (2) atm, so my guts tell me that option (1) is
> probably the best for the moment.

ah, yes, I agree

Kiran Ayyagari