directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Issue with entryCSN attribute and schema...
Date Sun, 31 May 2009 11:57:33 GMT
Hi guys,

as I'm trying to inject some operationalAttributes in every entries, I
face an interesting problem. Obviously, the schema elements must also
have an entryUUID and entryCSN attributes. For entryUUID, there is no
problem, so far, but for entryCSN, that's not the same story... As this
AT is built based on the local instance (the SID is part of the CSN), we
can't anymore use the pre-built schema partition, as it's totally
instance agnostic.

We have options though :
- defining a special sid for such entries, 0xFFF for instance. It's very
unlikely that we will see any day such a number used for CSN.
- get rid of this pre-built partition. We load the schema dynamically on
server startup, and inject CSN at startup
- modify the entryCSN for those entries at startup, to inject the
current SID

At least, these are the options I'm considering right now. I don't think
we have time to implement (2) atm, so my guts tell me that option (1) is
probably the best for the moment.

thoughts ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny