directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] server-tools installation layout
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 16:56:46 GMT
hello guys,

     I have resumed the work on index building tool.

     The directory structure of the installation has changed in the version 1.5.x

     Currently we have two locations of interest

         a. The location of ADS installation - This is represented in the code as the InstallationLayout

		|-- bin
		|-- conf
		|-- lib
		|   `-- ext
		`-- var
		    |-- log
		    |-- partitions
		    `-- run

         b. The location of ADS instance(s) - ( No reference to this in code atm )

	        |-- conf
		|-- ldif
		|-- log
		|-- partitions
		|   |-- example
		|   |-- schema
		|   `-- system
		`-- run

     AFAIU all the commands need to have access to the location of the instance(b) rather
than the
     InstallationLayout(a)

     I would like to create a new class to use in the tools which represent the location of
instance
     and the associated directories. This is because

     1. the commands require access to partition data
     2. InstallationLayout class is used mainly by the daemon module and don't want to change
it.

     Note: There is an issue with the standalone archive installation in which both (a) and
(b) are
           in the same location but the partition data directory is in a wrong directory.

     wdyt?

     P.S :- I would like to name the new class InstanceLayout

Kiran Ayyagari