directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help connecting phpldapadmin to ApacheDS 1.5.1
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 09:52:08 GMT
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Chris Mattmann schrieb:
>
>> Hi Emmanuel,
>>
>> Seems that PLA is doing a query with attr=''. On ApacheDS this returns
>> everything: dn and all attributes. I guess on more than 2 to 3 other LDAP
>> servers, this only returns the dn.
>>

> To request only the DN you should request attribute "1.1", see RFC4511,
> section 4.5.1.8 [1].
>

>> See above link for more details. Any ideas here -- is this an ApacheDS
>> specific thing, or is there an RFC on this? Also, I would be happy to work
>> with you guys to contribute a patch should the need arise, just let me know
>> and thanks for all your help!
>>

> I tested with the ldapsearch command line:
>
> ldapsearch -H ldap://localhost:10389 -x -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -W -b
> "ou=users,ou=system" -s base -a always "(objectClass=*)" ""
>
> Please note the empty "" at the end of the command. ApacheDS returns all
> user attributes, OpenLDAP returns no attributes.

I guess it depends on how the LDAP search request is built internally.
If the list of attributes is emty (but exists in the PDU), then  RFC
4511 specifies :

" 1. An empty list with no attributes requests the return of all user
attributes."

This is what we return. I will check the content of the PDU though.

> A second test:
>
> ldapsearch -H ldap://localhost:10389 -x -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -W -b
> "ou=users,ou=system" -s base -a always "(objectClass=*)" " "
>
> Please note the " " with the space at the end of the command. In that
> case ApacheDS returns an protocol error, I'll create a Jira for that:
>
> # extended result response
> extended: 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.20036
> data:
> result: 2 Protocol error
> text: PROTOCOL_ERROR: The server will disconnect!

We should receive a NoSuchAttribute result, I guess...

Thanks Stefan !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com