directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help connecting phpldapadmin to ApacheDS 1.5.1
Date Sat, 16 May 2009 04:40:12 GMT

Hi Chris,

Chris Mattmann wrote:
> PLA is geting some indication from the ApacheDS 1.5.1 server that we have
> installed that seemingly non "operational" attributes like cn, sn, etc., are
> in fact operational attributes, which is causing them to get marked as
> "readonly" in PLA and thus uneditable. Of course, this is a big problem
> because we need it so that when a user logs in via PLA, she has the right to
> modify her own attributes, etc.

As you mentioned these are not operational attributes.
Did you try using any other LDAP client( e.x Apache Directory Studio)?
If not can you try any other and see the difference

> The only reply we got from the PLA community seems to indicate this is a
> server issue,
The server purely acts based on the schemas and the above said attributes from
default schemas are not operational

  but I can't seem to find any indication on the ApacheDS config
> file where this is an issue. I am using the base ApacheDS config file, and
> I've customized the schema with my own LDAP schema that extends
> inetOrgPerson and doesn't really add anything.
Can you do a simple test with any other client other than PLA

I can likely post the
> schema/etc.,
This would be better along with the above mentioned client test.

> I'm a big fan of ApacheDS --
Thanks for choosing ApacheDS :)

Kiran Ayyagari