directory-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <chris.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Help connecting phpldapadmin to ApacheDS 1.5.1
Date Sat, 16 May 2009 03:34:22 GMT

Hi there folks:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I didn't see a Nabble
link for users@directory.apache.org. I'm having an issue trying to connect
phpLDAPAdmin to ApacheDS. I've tried the PLA mailing lists, but haven't
really got much of an answer, so I thought I'd come over here. What we are
noticing is the following:

PLA is geting some indication from the ApacheDS 1.5.1 server that we have
installed that seemingly non "operational" attributes like cn, sn, etc., are
in fact operational attributes, which is causing them to get marked as
"readonly" in PLA and thus uneditable. Of course, this is a big problem
because we need it so that when a user logs in via PLA, she has the right to
modify her own attributes, etc.

The only reply we got from the PLA community seems to indicate this is a
server issue, but I can't seem to find any indication on the ApacheDS config
file where this is an issue. I am using the base ApacheDS config file, and
I've customized the schema with my own LDAP schema that extends
inetOrgPerson and doesn't really add anything. I can likely post the
schema/etc., and the ApacheDS config, but I'd like to see if anyone out
there has an idea off the top of their heads as to why we would see this
problem. It doesn't seem like we're trying to do anything out of the
ordinary here.

I'm a big fan of ApacheDS -- picked it up out of the box, and despite a few
minor rough edges, the thing has been running like a champ for ~1 year. Keep
up the good work guys.

And, if anyone's out here, help would sincerely be appreciated :)

Cheers,
Chris Mattmann