I can do it.
Andrea

2009/4/9 Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org>
On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> In the following commit a number of System.out lines were added to various
> ApacheDS services:
>
>     http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=696371
>
> I understand that this was done to facilitate Studio's server log which
> displays the starting and stopping of various services.  The problem with
> this is that is generates a lot of output clutter during test that are run
> when building the project.  Sometimes one feels as though the test failed
> since they're used to the old format.  I don't think this information is
> that worth while to have on the command line but it it does make sense in
> Studio's log view.

Yeah, that is the reason why we added those System.out. The drawback
is that you get spurious logs when running tests. Right now, we are
not talking about hundreds of lines, though. I think it's more
something like 20.

> Fixing this is simple.  We can create a basic ServiceListener interface
> which contains the start() and stop() methods. The services can then have
> some code to notify registered listeners.  Then an implementation can be
> created to just print out these status messages to the console when the
> services are being used in Studio.

We also discussed the pros and cons about this approach, and were just
too lazzy to implement them. I think it can be whipped in a couple of
hours thoughs.

May I suggest we do that when 1.5.5. will be released ?

> WDYT?  Anyone interested in implementing it?

Don't have time right now. But what about filling a JIRA so that
someone can pick this issue and fix it ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,