On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 5:47 AM, Chris Custine <ccustine@apache.org> wrote:
I just want to add my 2 cents about the package reorg as it relates to OSGi.  One of the most important things to accomplish with this reorg would be to remove split packages where some source files from the same package name are located in different jar files.  There are many cases of this in the current source structure and it really causes a lot of issues with packaging as OSGi bundles.  This is the main reason that I am packaging everything in one large bundle currently to do the OSGi proof of concept.

+1

This is exactly another problem I wanted to eradicate.  Perhaps we should just create new OSGi category in the DIRLDAP JIRA.  We can just list these issues and make sure we're straight for OSGi.

Your suggestion about splitting interfaces and impls into their own packages and modules is also going to help the OSGi work substantially for the same reason.

Exactly! I'm trying to separate service interfaces from their implementations.  Besides these reasons I think this will also help to have a more dynamically reconfigurable server.  Would be great to have you involved in this process.  I think we're going to have to do OSGi and CiDIT both at the same time.

Thanks Chris.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org