On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Martin Alderson
> <Martin.Alderson@salfordsoftware.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> > Martin these are not Log messages but purely System.out.println() method
>> > calls.
>> >
>> > Alex
>>
>> Looks like there's both:
>>
>>            LOG.info( "Ldap service started." );
>>            System.out.println( "Ldap service started." );
>>
>> I think it could be useful to have ServiceListeners anyway, but for this
>> case I would have thought the usual logging configuration would be enough
>> (after the System.out.printlns have been removed).
>>

> Oh yes u are right.  I was not even thinking about the log statements which
> can be filtered via the log4j.configuration.

No that's not enough. Those info are used by studio to update the
Server states. Using the logs is too complicated. If we don't want to
implement the listeners, then we should keep those System.out.

OK this is not a big deal.  We keep the log statements which are good to have but remove the System.out lines.  Instead the listeners are notified, and the implementation registered to make Studio work right does a System.out.

Sounds good?

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org