directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Release 1.5.5
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2009 09:01:05 GMT
On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Christine Koppelt
<christine.koppelt@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the Kerberos and Change Password server work again, at least on a
> basic level.

Thanks for that Christine !

The SASL GSSAPI Handler still does not and i don't think
> i will fix it within the next days as I have to deal with some other
> issues atm.

Not such a big deal right now, IMHO. We can release a 1.5.6 if needed.
Anyway, we need to get this whole SASL stuff reviewed, and documented,
because almost nobody has a clue about the way it works. I tried to
get it working a year or so ago, but I don't exactly remember how the
code looks like. It was a mess before, it's probably not maintenable
yet...

So feel free to prepare the release and we postpone the
> GSSAPI handler for the next one. Perhaps we could publish a list with
> known bugs for it?

Sure !

Thanks !

--