directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Package cleanup
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 02:10:41 GMT
On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 5:47 AM, Chris Custine <ccustine@apache.org> wrote:

> I just want to add my 2 cents about the package reorg as it relates to
> OSGi.  One of the most important things to accomplish with this reorg would
> be to remove split packages where some source files from the same package
> name are located in different jar files.  There are many cases of this in
> the current source structure and it really causes a lot of issues with
> packaging as OSGi bundles.  This is the main reason that I am packaging
> everything in one large bundle currently to do the OSGi proof of concept.

+1

This is exactly another problem I wanted to eradicate.  Perhaps we should
just create new OSGi category in the DIRLDAP JIRA.  We can just list these
issues and make sure we're straight for OSGi.

> Your suggestion about splitting interfaces and impls into their own
> packages and modules is also going to help the OSGi work substantially for
> the same reason.

Exactly! I'm trying to separate service interfaces from their
implementations.  Besides these reasons I think this will also help to have
a more dynamically reconfigurable server.  Would be great to have you
involved in this process.  I think we're going to have to do OSGi and CiDIT
both at the same time.

Thanks Chris.

--
Alex Karasulu