directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [ApacheDS] System.out message about server state
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 15:47:28 GMT
Hi guys,

In the following commit a number of System.out lines were added to various
ApacheDS services:

I understand that this was done to facilitate Studio's server log which
displays the starting and stopping of various services.  The problem with
this is that is generates a lot of output clutter during test that are run
when building the project.  Sometimes one feels as though the test failed
since they're used to the old format.  I don't think this information is
that worth while to have on the command line but it it does make sense in
Studio's log view.

Fixing this is simple.  We can create a basic ServiceListener interface
which contains the start() and stop() methods. The services can then have
some code to notify registered listeners.  Then an implementation can be
created to just print out these status messages to the console when the
services are being used in Studio.

WDYT?  Anyone interested in implementing it?

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org