directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Oracle partition committed to ldif-partition branch
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:11:18 GMT
Hi Andrea,

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Andrea Gariboldi <andrea.gariboldi@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I'll be able to configure the ou=schema partition in this branch?
> Cause for now i left it for the future because it was not configurable.

We have these goals in the near future:

  o combine schema and system areas into one under the ou=system partition
  o allow users to choose which partition type they like for the system
partition

The second goal is harder to do considering some of the new problems we're
going to have to overcome when keeping configuration and schema data in LDIF
files.

Remember the question you asked about setting up a configuration area
without loading schema or partitions? This is pretty hard to do when some of
those attributes need schema information associated with them.  Regardless I
think we can find a way to solve your problem of swapping in the Oracle
partition to get schema info.  I don't have all the answers right now but
I'm sure we'll find them in time.

So maybe this merges back into the trunk before we solve these issues but we
can keep working it.

Alex