directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Protocol performance testing framework
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 15:42:05 GMT
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Ashish <paliwalashish@gmail.com> wrote:

> May be STAF can be a solution. Have not used it

This is interesting.  I was not aware of this framework (damn thing snuck by
me).  I'll take a look at this but I know for sure that the correlation
between what's going on inside the MINA server via stat collection, the
host, through the MINA filter along with the clients is not something this
framework can do even if we expose it via JMX.

The idea is to collect information from within the server, from the clients
producing the load and collate it all based on time.  Then use this to
assemble a good picture of what bottlenecks exist.  Combined with a profiler
like Yourkit this could produce some very interesting results.

Alex