directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Everitt, Glenn" <Glenn.Ever...@compuware.com>
Subject RE: ApacheDS OSGi configuration
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:23:00 GMT
Thanks for the suggestions Chris.  I've been watching the discussion of
ApacheDS in an OSGi bundle for a couple of months so I understand that
this is leading edge project.   I'll work through your suggestions and
let you know what I found.  Thanks again - Glenn Everitt

From: Chris Custine [mailto:chris.custine@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:28 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: ApacheDS OSGi configuration

This OSGi bundle module is rather experimental at the moment and
probably depends greatly on the ServiceMix 4 Kernel
<http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4KNL/index.html>  and its packages
dependencies.  If the Spring DM extender is finding the
META-INF/spring/server.xml file and trying to start the server, then
there should be some errors or something in the logs.  Embedding in
other OSGi containers is definitely one of the eventual goals, but I
have not tried to use anything other than Felix and ServiceMix Kernel at
this point.  If you want to post any errors or log info that might help,
I would be happy to help you work through it.

Chris

--
Chris Custine
FUSESource :: http://fusesource.com