directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Small perf test with the new 'fast' dn parser
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:32:59 GMT
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here are some other numbers, using different DNs, on my laptop. The last
> one switches to the Antlr based parser and this is muuuuuch slower then
> the old parser.

That's acceptable. This is a question of balance. May be we can keep the
old parser too for countries using a lot of special chars (like asian
countries).

Otherwise, just be sure to use a bigger number when running a test. 8ms
is not significant, as the currentMillis() method precision is around 10
ms. However, the longest test is coherent with the number I get when
running with 10 million loops.

Thanks Stefan !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny