directory-dev mailing list archives

From ayyagarikiran <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] [Apache DS] Windows Installer problems (was Re: [Studio] German translation needed for Studio's internationalized Windows Installer)
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 09:48:04 GMT
> When uninstalling, the uninstaller reads this journal and for any file
> that is in the install directory but not in the journal, it asks you
> whether or not the file or directory should be deleted.

I have observed that many uninstallers delete the *only* files copied by the installer and
won't touch any other
files e.x user generated log files, backup conf files ( if any in the installed directories
)

So I would say the current approach is good if we just take out that confirmation dialog and
leave those files
that were not written by the installer

Kiran Ayyagari