directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [Results] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.4.0
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 08:22:56 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Finally I managed to release everything on the maven mirrors, but it's been
> hard...
> The release:perform task on Studio took 240 minutes... 4 hours... I'll write
> another mail about that.

Congrats !

At some point, I'm just wondering if it would not be a better idea to
build Studio on people.a.o/~pamarcelot :) Seriously, it's insane that we
have to wait 4 hours depending on the network while releasing. There is
obviously somethiong wrong in the way maven works ...
> Now I need to prepare the various distributions.
> Emmanuel just discovered a very nasty bug in the installer. I'll fix it
> first and then release the distributions on the mirrors.

Well, sure, I have had some bad surprise yesturday, but I guess I did
something wrong, like installing Studio in /opt instead of
/opt/ApacheDirectoryStudio. So I guess it's partially my fault. I think
this is just something to double check, because of course, I don't have
anymore trace on my /opt directory ;)

At least, it was on my client windows computer, so I don't care too much
;) (I should have installed Studio on c:\ !)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org