directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ldap server buffers search results?
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 17:16:19 GMT
Andrea Gariboldi wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>      Emmanuel found that there is a threading design problem within MINA:
>
> The IoProcessor that is handling the search request and putting the encoded
> results in the WriteQueue,
> is the same that should dequeue those results from the queue and send it. So
> once it has finished
> with the request processing it checks for things to write and write all the
> results in the queue, but
> if you have long searches you will most likely get an OOM exception, because
> of the growing queue.

I'm working on the problem. I don't know if there is a simple solution,
or if we should use two different IoProcessor (one for the read, one for
the write).

I first have to write a very simple use case on MINA to see if it's a
problem in MINA or if we are doing something wrong in the server.

Thanks Andrea !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com